Wisdom Teeth Removal in North Vancouver, BC
Wisdom teeth are the third and last set of molars that most people develop between the ages of 17 and 25. These teeth often do not fully emerge due to insufficient space in the mouth. When this happens, wisdom teeth are said to be impacted.
Wisdom tooth extraction is a common surgical procedure as impacted wisdom teeth can lead to serious oral health issues.
When is wisdom teeth removal necessary?
Here are some issues that may develop due to impacted wisdom teeth:
- Pain. An impacted wisdom tooth can cause severe pain at the site of the tooth and jaw stiffness and pain.
- Periodontitis. When a wisdom tooth cannot fully erupt, the gums surrounding the tooth may become irritated, leading to a gum infection known as periodontitis.
- Tooth decay. Due to their location, wisdom teeth can be hard to clean and are prone to cavities.
- Cyst formation. Another issue you may notice when wisdom teeth are impacted is the formation of painful cysts.
- Misaligned teeth. When wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt, they may cause other teeth to shift, leading you to require orthodontic treatment.
- Damaged teeth. The pressure from wisdom teeth can cause damage to other teeth.
What happends during wisdom tooth extraction?
Wisdom tooth extraction typically takes an hour or less, and you will receive anesthesia to ensure a pain-free procedure. During the procedure, the dentist will make an incision in the gums to expose the tooth. The dentist may need to remove bone to access the impacted tooth, and they might cut the tooth into pieces for easier removal.
Wisdom teeth removal in North Vancouver
About Our Clinics
At Peak Dental Arts, we provide dental care in North and West Vancouver area. Our goal is to provide patients with exceptional dentistry in a calm, educational and professional environment. We strive to deliver comprehensive dental care, looking at the mouth as a whole in order to give our patient’s teeth the best chance for lasting a lifetime.
To facilitate this, we create long-term strategies that involve the patient’s personal goals. We listen carefully to each patient’s dental concerns and include the patient in the treatment planning process. Creating an inclusive treatment plan and providing engaging patient education is a top priority at Peak Dental Arts.
We recognize our role in the community as both a responsibility and a privilege and we look forward to
serving you soon.
Tour Your Mouth.
to monitor issues over time such as
tooth wear, gum recession, tooth position, and more!